Friday, October 28, 2011

Some crazy things I have seen or heard.

Last week I was grooming 5 dogs,3 of them were ok. 2 were HORRIBLE! Macho was the worest. I could not finish him,he had to come back on meds. He was so matted I had to use a 30 & 15 blade on him.
He came back the next day,late. On "meds". It did not do anything for him. He was still himself. The customer was "helping" me. He was getting mad at the dog. He told his wife to buy nightquil so he can give it to the dog! I told him that could kill the dog. He already has 2 Benadryl in him. He was 10 lbs if he was lucky.
The wife looked at me & him. He said "Go & do it"! I told him I don't want to groom him like that. He said he will take all responsibility if anything happens. I had him sign a paper stating that. She brought back the nightquil. They force it down him. It was liquid,not even a pill. I started grooming him again after 10 min. He still was nasty. As this point the a hole husband starts to choke the dog. I told him,that is it. I had it. You are not going to choke your dog in front of me.He started to yell. Just do it. One way or the other he will get his haircut. I told him no,not by me. You have to take him to the vet,they will have to tranquilize him & groom him. This is to stressful for him & me. You are going to kill him. His wife finally was on my side. I also told them to keep a close eye on the dog for 48 hours All that med in his small body was not good.
They left me a BIG tip,which I did not find until I was cleaning up. I would have gave it back to them.
I found out they have 6 dogs. They made an appointment for the next week. (Lucky me.)

I was working in  "big box" pet store. The grooming room was at the back of the store. People thought we were a question/cricket booth. Anyone that wanted crickets would ask us. Even when we had dogs on the tables. They asked like we were doing nothing. On more than one occasion I had to stop grooming,put my dog in a cage & get crickets! Since that store NEVER had anyone to help customers.

I have a lot more stories. I don't want to make this long & boring.
TO be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment